ADT Alarms and Home Security Systems
Hands down the biggest home security company in Canada, ADT has the most homes under monitoring in Canada, the biggest advertising budget, and the most well known brand. With 7 interconnected monitoring stations across Canada, and lifetime warranty as well as servicing on equipment ADT is a very safe choice.
ADT specializes in installed packages with a monitoring contract. The features range from a basic monitoring package up to their ADT Pulse Home Automation solution.
ADT Home Security Packages
ADT Current Special – Limited Time offer:
This is the current pricing special:
- Free Wireless System, $99 Install Fee for activation (activates with local police / fire)
- Control panel with LCD Display
- 3 window/door entry detectors
- 1 motion detector
- 1 key-fob for arming and disarming the device (this is a very convenient addition)
- Cost: $33.99 per month for 3 years
Quick Connect / Safewatch Essentials Package / Essentials Plus Package
ADT”s starting package offers their lowest cost and obviously the least features on any of their packages.
- $99 install cost (after a mail in rebate of $250)
- Monthly monitoring of $44.99
- 36 month contract
- Total cost of : $1619.64 = $47.74 per month over the term of the contract (Using a $44.99 monthly contract)
What do you get for your $40 plus dollars a month? You get:
- Monitored burglary system operating off of your telephone line
- POTS Control Panel, wireless door and window sensors
- motion detector
- keychain activation device
- Yard sign + window decal
ADT’s Critical Conditions for additional Monitoring
ADT adds environmental monitoring with their Critical Conditions package. This adds their Fire Alarm monitoring, low temperature monitoring, and flood detection monitoring. The obvious oversight in this package is a lack of Carbon Monoxide monitoring. But for an additional fee the hardware and monitoring can be added to your package. As is the package appeals to people who travel quite a bit, issues like broken pipes and flooding won’t be identified immediately without some form of alerting.
ADT had made the move to home automation with the addition of their Pulse Offerings. Integrating with your Android or iOS (iPhone/iPad) device Pulse allows for:
- Remote alarm arming / disarming
- Integration of lighting controls, control your lights remotely via web control panel
- Integration of other compatible devices such as door locks
- Carbon Monoxide Monitoring
- Email and Text alerts (such as alarm signals, or can be configured to alert on access)
- Remote camera monitoring (can be recorded, sent via email…etc)
ADT serves all of Canada and 37 other countries worldwide.
ADT Canada is involved in FADE (False Alarm Dispatch Elimination) as well as DVERS (Domestic Violence Emergency Response System). They claim that these involvements are for the purpose of securing the customers’ neighbourhoods.